About the Department
Its main tasks are:
- Receiving students and supervising the registrations.
- Coordinate work with professors and training supervisors.
- Pedagogical follow-up.
- Supervising students’ field outputs.
The Department carries out its tasks as what relates to:
- The training of a teacher of secondary education over five years.
- The training of the teacher of elementary education over four years.
Masters: Master admissions are organized on the basis of a national competition every year. The successful candidates receive an academic training for two years; in the first year, they are taught by a group of professors, and the second year is dedicated to the completion of their research theses.
PhD. The Master’s Degree (the theoretical year plus the viva mark) should be above 12.5 as a prerequisite for students to apply for a PhD program. The doctoral student can defend his/her thesis after five consecutive registrations.
The Scientific Committee of the Department:
The Scientific Committee of the Department is an advisory body which expresses its views and recommendations as follows:
- Content of the educational programs;
- Proposals for the opening, extension and closure of Master training divisions or specialties;
- Research program suggestions;
- Organization of research work;
- Proposals for the establishment or abolition of research laboratories;
- Proposals to open, extend and / or close the training and specialization of PhDs and to determine the number of positions to be filled;
- Adoption of research topics in doctoral training and suggestion of thesis defense committees;
- Proposing university rehabilitation committees;
- Proposing programs for continuous training activities, improvement of level and renewal of knowledge;
- Studying the outcomes of the pedagogical and scientific activities of the department which are sent to the Director, accompanied by the Committee’s opinions and recommendations. The committee expresses its opinion on every other issue of a pedagogical or scientific nature presented to it by the department head.