Department of Arabic Language and Literature
- About the Department
The Department of Arabic Language and Literature is located in the northern part of the school, and is considered as an important and distinct department in terms of the number of students and professors who have good qualifications and experience in the areas of language, literature and education.
The training programs adopted in the department take into account the balance between the educational and pedagogical units in order to achieve harmony in the formative process, in the sense that they are concerned with the performance side (the know-how) and the social aspect (the know-be) of learning, to achieve its goals in building the learners’ character and motivate their capacities.
It aims to provide the students with the required competencies by controlling the knowledge prescribed in academic curricula.
The Department is a unit of teaching, training and research, which does the following:
A / - Academic training of students according to the following:
- The training of a teacher of secondary education over five years.
- The training of the teacher of elementary education over four years.
- The training of a primary education teacher over three years.
B / - Training after graduation through:
Masters: Master admissions are organized on the basis of a national competition every year. The successful candidates receive an academic training for two years; in the first year, they are taught by a group of professors, and the second year is dedicated to the completion of their research theses.
PhD.The Master’s Degree (the theoretical year plus the viva mark) should be above 12.5 as a prerequisite for students to apply for a PhD program. The doctoral student can defend his/her thesis after five consecutive registrations.
- Scientific Committee of the Department:
The Scientific Committee of the Department is an advisory body, and as such it expresses its opinions and recommendations concerning the following:
- Content of the educational programs;
- Proposals for the opening, extension and closure of Master training divisions or specialties;
- research program suggestions;
- organization of research work;
- Proposals for the establishment or abolition of research laboratories;
- Proposals to open, extend and / or close the training and specialization of PhDs and to determine the number of positions to be filled;
- Adoption of research topics in doctoral training and suggestion of thesis defense committees;
- Proposing university rehabilitation committees;
- Proposing programs for continuous training activities, improvement of level and renewal of knowledge;
- Studying the outcomes of the pedagogical and scientific activities of the department which are sent to the Director, accompanied by the Committee’s opinions and recommendations. The committee expresses its opinion on every other issue of a pedagogical or scientific nature presented to it by the department head.
- Academic Staff
Each of the school’s departments consists of an academic staff composed of: professors, lecturers, assistant professors as well as associate and contracting professors, besides the inspection team which supervises the training of the school.