A Historical Brief
The Teachers’ Training School of Bouzareah was established by the executive decree n. 84/206 of August the 18th, 1984. It is a public institution of an administrative nature under the auspices of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research with a moral character and financial independence. The school started its scientific and pedagogical activities by the academic year of 1991-1992, after obtaining a new headquarters with an extension of Kharrouba.
In spite of the narrow headquarters and lack of facilities to teach, the school was able to carry out the pedagogical and scientific tasks entrusted to it for 7 years where it got, at the beginning of the 1998-1999 academic year, its current location at: 93, Ali Remli Street in Bouzareah , after the decision to transfer the technological institutes of education under the tutelage of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in 1998.
The headquarters dates back to the French colonial era, where, in 1860, was constructed with building materials of a solid type, geometrical stones in the form of wings connected in a semi-circle form and was divided into sections, workshops and administrative offices. The headquarters also shows annexes of the old building, including a laboratory, a sports hall, and a university residence, built around 1970. Other attachments have been built in recent years, such as the school library, the laboratory, and an amphitheater attached to the teaching rooms taking into account the architectural character of the school.