E.N.S of Bouzareah
Department of English
The First International Conference on English Language Teaching in Post-Independence Algeria
Realities and Perspectives-1963-2010
« Towards an Efficient and Sophisticated Teaching »
April 24th and 25th , 2011.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The teaching of foreign languages in general and that of English in a more particular way has witnessed problems at different level s : approaches as well as textbooks and curricula. Such a situation led to the deterioration of the standards which have become very low.
• Why such an alarming situation of English teaching ?
• Is this due to the weaknesses of the selected educational approaches ?
• Or to the imposed boundaries by the educational authorities ?
• Or maybe to the low standards of the trainers ?
These questions and many other ones will be discussed within the following five axes :
1. Post-independence Algerian Educational Situation.
2. English Teaching in Post-independence Algeria : Between Obstacles and Encouragement.
3. Foreign Educational Assistance in the Field of English Teaching :British and American Cases.
4. Algerian English Language Teaching Evolution from the 1980s onwards :Problems and Solutions.
5. English Teaching and the Use of Advanced Technological Means in Algeria : the Computer and Internet.
The objective of this First International Conference is to examine in a scientific and academic way the situation of English Language Teaching in Post-independence Algeria to find out efficient solutions which will only reinforce the Algerian National Identity and allow Algeria to be abreast with international development, able to counteract with other cultures without discrimination in order to enrich Human Culture.
Deadline for sending papers’abstracts (No more than half a page) : February 28th 2011.
Accepted participants will be informed before March 5th, 2011.
To : Dr. Malika Sahel (Organising Committee)
E-mail : email@example.com
Tel/fax : 021.94.18.59 / 021 94 18 67.